Another interesting article, this time on the importance of keeping your Will updated.
See snippet below and click here to get the full article.
“According to the Supreme Court of Appeal in Raubenheimer v Raubenheimer your Will is the most important document you will ever sign. Yet many of us pay scant regard to this important document.”
Here are ten reasons to have another look at your Will:
1. Children nominated by name.
2. A bequest to “our children” or “the children born from our marriage”.
3. A bequest to “my spouse”.
5. Bequest to a “family trust”.
6. The accrual claim.
7. Trusts created for minor beneficiaries.
8. Bequest of loan accounts.
9. The R3 500 000 Abatement Bequest.
10. Your Will does not reflect your wishes.